Sunday, March 8, 2009

You Good?

Have you ever had a night when you consumed entirely too much liquor, and then you went out and saw a bunch of people you know, but aren't really cool with?  If you have done this, then you probably hated the next week.  Now, the reason you hated this next week is not because you are embarrased about the things you did.  Pshhhh.  You could care less about what you did, you barely remember it.  What probably grindz your gears most about the following week, is the dozens of people who you usually just "hi" and "bye" with, yet, when they see you this time, they need to ask "Yo, you good my dude? You was DONE the other night."  Now, if me and you are friends, then I have no problem with this question/statement.  However, the people who I'm usually just "hi" and "bye" with who now decide to start a conversation with me, by that question/statement.  Why? I mean, I know you weren't just waiting for an opening for a conversation with me.  Did you think that you asking me that was just the right thing to do?
But...
How you gon' run up on someone you don't even really talk to like "Yo, son, you was O.D twisted the other night.  You good now?" Me and you both know damn well you don't really care about my well being.  Also, why would you ask me about my well being on a Weds or Thurs because of my drunkeness from the previous Saturday night?  

No comments:

Post a Comment